- You are a resident of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, or
- Otherwise covered by the GDPR.
In providing our products and services to you, we may make use of a number of automated processes using your personal information and your activity on our Site as tracked by us, in order to provide optimised services to you.
How do we use your personal information?
In accordance with GDPR, we rely on the following legal bases to process this information:
- where you have given your consent for us to use your information;
- where the processing is necessary to perform a contract that we have with you, for example when you purchase our products or services;
- your legitimate business interests, such as improving and developing our products and services and marketing new features or products (but only where our legitimate interest isn't overridden by your interest in protecting your personal information); and
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
You may at any time refuse to provide the personal information that we request. However, this may limit or prohibit our ability to provide our products and services to you. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information at any time by contacting us in accordance with our 'Contact us' section below.
International transfers of personal information
For our users in the Designated Countries, where we transfer your personal information to a third party provider that is not located in the Designated Country and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information.
Additional rights of users from Designated Countries
- Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process. You can read more about this right here.
- Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies. You can read more about this right here.
- Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. You can read more about this right here.
- Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. You can read more about this right here.
- Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to processing if we are able to process your information because the process forms part of our public tasks, or is in our legitimate interests. You can read more about this right here.
- Your right to data portability
This only applies to information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent or under, or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated. You can read more about this right here.
If you feel you haven’t received a timely or satisfactory response from us to your question or complaint, you have the right to contact your local supervisory authority.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries about the use of your private information, write to Murf Group’s grievance officer Sneha Roy at email@example.com.