Users of countries in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland (referred to as “Designated Countries”) should also refer to our GDPR Policy which describes their rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- any reference to 'MURF Group', 'us', 'we' or 'our' means the Sites’ proprietary owners;
- Services mean the Sites, MURF-branded apps, Google Slides add-on, Text to speech and other MURF-related sites, apps, communications and services.
- Site means a site operated by us and includes each of https://murf.ai, https://login.murf.ai/ and any other domain that we may use from time to time.
How do we collect non-personal information?
When you visit our Site, we collect non-personal information from you including, without limitation, which sections of the Site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information. We may analyse this non-personal information and release it to third parties in an aggregated form.
What Personal Information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information that you provide to us directly
(A) Signing up to our service
When you sign up to our service and set up an account, we collect the following information (which includes personal information) from you:
- name; and
- email address.
(B) Making a purchase
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect the following information (which includes personal information) from you:
- email address; and
- payment or credit card information (we don't have access to your entire credit card number or CVC as this is handled by our payment gateway).
(C) Making a video or audio
When you use our services to create an audio or a video ('Content'), we collect the following information (which includes personal information) from you:
- any photos, videos, audio or text content provided by you when creating Content.
(D) Additional information that we may ask for (optional)
When you use our services, we may ask you to provide us with additional information. This additional information may include:
- links to your social media accounts (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube); and
- information about your industry and the type of organisation you work for.
Information that we receive from third parties
We may receive information about you (including personal information) from third parties. If you access our Site through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook or Google, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that third party service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information that you have made public in connection with that third party service. If you'd like to unlink your third party account from our Site, you can adjust your settings in the third party service and we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
(E) Device information
Like many websites, when you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information through the use of 'cookies', web beacons, device identifiers, pixels and other technologies including information about your web browser, IP address and time zone. Some of this information may be classified as personal information. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as 'Device Information'.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- 'cookies' are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier;
- 'log files' track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps; and
- 'web beacons', 'tags' and 'pixels' are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
You can control or reset your cookies through your web browser and, if you choose to, you can refuse all cookies However, some of the features of our Site may not function properly if you disable the ability to accept cookies.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing our products and services: We use the information that you provide to us to provide our products and services. This includes allowing you to create a Site account and to log in to your account, giving you access to your videos, recognising you across different services and devices and billing you for transactions that you make via our Site.
- Communicating with you: We use your contact information to send communications to you about important changes or updates to our products and services. When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we also provide you with information or advertising relating to our products and services.
- Performing data analytics: We use the information about you to help us improve our products and services, including by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Site and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Customising our products and services for you: We use information about you to make sure that the Site and our products and services are customised to your needs.
- Where you have given your consent: We may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you give your consent for us to do this, we will use your information in accordance with that purpose. You can withdraw your consent to these uses at any time.
For personal information subject to the GDPR, we rely on the following legal bases to process this information:
- where you have given your consent for us to use your information;
- where the processing is necessary to perform a contract that we have with you, for example when you purchase our products or services;
- your legitimate business interests, such as improving and developing our products and services and marketing new features or products (but only where our legitimate interest isn't overridden by your interest in protecting your personal information); and
- where it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
You may at any time refuse to provide the personal information that we request. However, this may limit or prohibit our ability to provide our products and services to you. You may withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information at any time by contacting us in accordance with our 'Contact us' section below.
Who do we disclose Personally Identifiable Information to?
- Marketing platforms, Communications platforms and contractors who we engage to help process personal information and other data; Listed here are external vendors we use for this purpose: Firebase, Google Cloud, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Toplyne, Clearbit, Sendinblue, Customer.io, Userflow, Hubspot;
- Cloud services providers such as Amazon Web Services, Inc.;
- Payment Solutions provided by Stripe Inc.;
- Chat services by Crisp IM SARL;
- Softwares review platform G2 Crowd
- Affiliate partnership solution by LinkMink LLC; and
- government third parties, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as required, authorised or permitted by law.
We use others to help us provide our Services (e.g., maintenance, analysis, audit, payments, fraud detection, marketing and development). They will have access to your information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you; (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect the security or integrity of our Services (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of our users, personnel or others. We attempt to notify users about legal demands for their personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Change in Control or Sale
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We process data globally and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different from, and potentially not as protective as, the laws of your own country.
International transfers of personal information (for users in the Designated Countries)
For our users in the Designated Countries, where we transfer your personal information to a third party provider that is not located in the Designated Country and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information.
Changing or deleting your personal information
You may update certain account information such as your name and email address by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe link' in the relevant communication.
You may also access, review, update, rectify or delete your personal information by contacting us. We will respond to all requests within 30 days. Please note that deleting your personal information may limit our ability to provide the service to you.
We may limit or reject your request in certain cases, including without limitation where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case question, where the rights of other persons would be violated or as required by law or governance purposes.
If you need further assistance regarding your access and control of your personal information, please contact us.
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We generally retain your personal information as long as you keep your account open or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. In some cases we choose to retain certain information (e.g., insights about Services use) in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
Links to other websites and services
We permanently delete account information, including any project, media or text information uploaded by you, within 30 days of account termination, except as noted below.
Representative for data subjects in the EU and UK
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter Group with its local partners as our privacy representative and your point of contact.
Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative, Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit the following website. https://prighter.com/q/14532374752
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries about the use of your private information, write to MURF Group's grievance officer Sneha Roy at email@example.com.