Using Murf's Voice Changer, one can transform a recorded voice into any of the available AI voices in the Murf Studio. Murf's Voice Changer helps to convert a recorded voice to an AI voice. One of the most compelling features of the Voice Changer is that it transforms a recording made at home into a studio-quality recording.
Our platform currently does not support live voice recording in the Studio. However, a pre-recorded MP3 file can be uploaded.
Here is the list of all the languages supported in the AI Changer:
- Arabic (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen)
- Chinese (Cantonese: Traditional, Mandarin: Simplified, Taiwanese, Mandarin)
- Danish (Denmark)
- Dutch (Netherlands)
- English (Australia, Canada, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Tanzania, United Kingdom, United States)
- Finnish (Finland)
- French (Canada, France, Switzerland)
- German (Austria, Switzerland, Germany)
- Hindi (India)
- Indonesian (Indonesia)
- Italian (Italy)
- Japanese (Japan)
- Korean (Korea)
- Norwegian (Bokmål, Norway)
- Portuguese (Brazi, Portugal)
- Romanian (Romania)
- Russian (Russia)
- Spanish (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela)
- Tamil (India)
- Turkish (Turkey)
The first step in the process is to upload your recording, which allows you to upload a recorded voice over and convert it to text.
How to upload voice-over?
- Go to the 'AI changer' tab in the studio and click on 'Upload voice-over.'
- Click on 'Browse' and upload the MP3 voice-over from your device.
- Using this feature will consume the transcription time available in the account, and a confirmation pop-up will be prompted.
What happens after uploading the Voice-over?
After uploading the voice-over, it will remain in the original recorded voice. The text cannot be edited once the audio is converted into text and split into smaller blocks and pauses.
Convert Voice-over to AI Voice
After the audio has been uploaded, click the Convert to AI button to have it converted into one of the Studio's AI voices. At the Block and Project levels, this is possible.
Note: Once a project or block has been converted to an AI voice, it cannot be reverted to the original audio file.
The Studio will display a notification asking for final confirmation before transforming the recorded voice into an AI voice, as this step cannot be reversed.
Once the audio is subsequently converted to text, all of the necessary modifications in pauses, pronunciations, etc. can be made.
Converting to AI (Block Level)
To convert voice from the selected text block, click on the 'Switch to using AI voice' button (represented as cross arrows) as shown in the screenshot above to convert the text into AI voice.
Converting to AI (Project Level)
To convert voice for the entire project, click on the 'Convert to AI' button in the AI Changer tab.
Things to keep in mind while converting an audio recording to an AI voice
- The audio file can only be converted to the AI voices available in the Murf studio
- The voice in the original audio cannot be cloned.
- The size of the voiceover may differ from the original audio file as different voices in the studio have a different pace of delivering a speech.
Use Cases / Why use the AI Changer option?
The AI Changer tool has multiple uses. It can elevate your presentation and the overall finish of a variety of projects - from software demos, tutorials and e-learning modules, to web-based applications which may involve multiple screens or slides with instructions.
- E-learning voiceover - An e-learning module is a great way to package information that you want to share with an audience, because its structure allows for maximum information retention and audience engagement across topics. Lectures or classes may have been addressed to a specific set of people, or recorded in a particular situation, like a live class. This tutorial or lecture might involve surrounding noise, or may have inconsistencies in pitch, speed or volume. A great way to disseminate this resource, already available with audio and video, to a wider audience, is to replace the recorded voice with a clean, uniform AI voice. A further advantage is the ability to edit long pauses, extraneous words and sounds or fillers like ‘ah, oh..’ and control the pace of delivery according to the needs of the project.
- Software demo voiceover- A software demo, on the other hand, might have multiple screens as well as interactions within one screen or between screens. If including instructions or how-to’s, the steps will need to be clearly articulated and demonstrated in order to be useful to those watching it. If the initial demo has been recorded with a voice while capturing the screen interactions, the AI Changer at Murf Studio can help smoothen the voice output to match the screens, eliminate unplanned delays and also add any other content that might have been missed out while recording.